The Vice-Ministry of the Interior has the following functions, besides the ones
established in article 62 Law 489 of 1998:
1. To supply temporary
absences of the Minister when requested by the President of the
2. To advise the Minister when formulating and adopting
policies of the Ministry, especially those related to internal public order;
citizen, community, and democratic participation; coexistence; human rights;
prevention and management of disasters; and the control coordination of the
missionary management of the entity.
3. To exercise under his own
responsibility the functions delegated or assigned by the President of the
Republic, the Minister of Justice and the Interior, or by law and to observe the
fulfillment of the ones assigned through legal regulation.
4. To coordinate and follow up all the activities of missionary areas that belong to the Ministry and that are assigned by the Minister in order to guarantee the complete fulfillment of the functions, programs, and projects that correspond to the Entity.
5. To coordinate the relationships of the Ministry with all the other public entities for the correct execution of sectorial plans.
6. To represent the Minister in the official activities assigned by him, especially in cabinet meetings, assemblies, or other collegiate organizations that must attend.
7. To direct the preparation of reports related to the development of policies, plans, and programs to be presented by the Minister.
8. To permanently evaluate and follow up the execution of international commitments regarding human rights and the humanitarian international right.
9. To support the Minister in the design and promotion of law projects and legislative acts before the Congress of the Republic in matters related to the objectives, mission, and functions of the Ministry, and with his relationships with the Congress of the Republic.
10. To plan, coordinate, and establish policies and guidelines in order to direct, in coordination with the Minister, the orientation of the political frame of a Social State of Law, autonomy, and territorial governability.
12. To promote the prevention to manage risk and the reduction of socio-economic problems towards a calamity or natural and/or anthropic disaster.
13. To promote the interaction between institutions and organization and civil society in order to strengthen democracy and the participation of civil society in public management.
14. To promote the activities of the Center of Political Studies and of the Center of Legal Studies.
15. To support the Minister in the design, analysis, promotion, and follow-up of law projects and legislative acts in matters related to the objectives, mission, and functions of the Ministry and the Sector, and with his relationships with the Congress of the Republic.
16. To participate in the orientation, coordination, and exercise of the administrative control of the entities ascribed and related to the Ministry, according to the regulation established on that matter and to the instructions imparted by the Minister.
17. To design and implement strategies of education to the community that result from the analysis of social onflicts.
18. To guarantee the maintenance of the Communication, Information, and Attention Institutional System.
19. To guarantee the exercise of planning, administrative development system, quality management, and internal control in the Institution according to the regulations established and to the instructions imparted by the Minister.
20. All the other functions assigned by law about pertinent matters within the scope of the Ministry.