Decree 200 of 2003 Article 11 assigns the following functions to the Vice-
Ministry of Justice:
1. To supply temporary absences of the Minister when
requested by the President of the Republic.
2. To advise the Minister
when formulating and adopting policies of the Ministry, especially those related to
law and justice, access to justice and prison infrastructure, and control
coordination of the missionary management of the entity.
coordinate and follow up all the activities of missionary areas that belong to the
Ministry and that are assigned by the Minister in order to guarantee the complete
fulfillment of their functions, programs, and projects.
coordinate the relationships of the Ministry with all the other public entities for
the correct execution of sectorial plans.
5. To represent the Minister in the official activities assigned by him, especially in cabinet meetings, assemblies, or other collegiate organizations he belongs to or presides.
6. To direct the preparation of reports related to the development of policies, plans, and programs to be presented by the Minister.
7. To permanently evaluate and follow up the execution of international commitments regarding justice and drugs.
8. To plan, coordinate, and establish policies and guidelines in order to direct, in coordination with the Minister, the orientation of the legal system of the country and the justice service provided.
9. To support the Minister in the design and promotion of law projects and legislative acts before the Congress of the Republic in matters related to the objectives, mission, and functions of the Ministry, and with his relationships with the Congress of the Republic.
10. To exercise under his own responsibility the functions delegated or assigned by law and to observe the fulfillment of the ones assigned to departments of the Ministry and/or to its employees through legal regulation.
11. To participate in the orientation, coordination, and exercise of the administrative control of the entities ascribed and related to the Ministry, according to the regulation established on that matter and to the instructions imparted by the Minister.
12. All the other functions assigned by the Ministry about pertinent matters within his scope.