The following are functions of the General Secretary:
1. To help the
Minister in establishing policies, objectives, and strategies related to the
administration of the Ministry.
2. To help guaranteeing the unit of
administration purposes, the development of high public management, and the
exchange of experiences regarding administration.
direct the execution of programs and activities related to financial,
administration, personnel development, informatics, and administrative service
4. To contribute in the planning and control processes of the
5. To contribute in the design, elaboration, socialization, and service portfolio maintenance processes of the Ministry.
6. To manage, in coordination with the Office of International Cooperation Affairs, the obtaining of complementary resources in order to deal with the programs about pertinent matters within its scope.
7. To answer and follow up complaints, petitions, and suggestions of the users.
8. To follow up the correct execution, accounting, and presentation of fiscal, and budget reports of the resources directly assigned to the Ministry or its funds.
9. To process, for the signature of the Minister, all the acts related to pardons, amnesties, repatriations, extraditions, inquiries to the State Council, and decree projects, in coordination with the other departments of the Ministry.
10. Support the operative management of the Fund for the Participation and the Strengthening of Democracy with respect to the fulfillment of legal regulations through the areas assigned.
11. To coordinate with the Legal Secretary of the Presidency of the Republic the processing of the rules that should be issued by the President regarding the Administrative Sector of Justice and the Interior.
12. To register foreign legal entities of private right with registered domicile overseas that establish permanent businesses in Colombia.
13. To coordinate disciplinary investigations carried out against employees of the Ministry solve them immediately.
14. To represent the Ministry or the Minister when requested.
15. To support the orientation, coordination, and exercise of the administrative control of ascribed and related to the Ministry, according to the regulations and instructions imparted directly by the Minister or through the areas in charge.
16. To support the development and maintenance of the Integrated System of Institutional Management directly and through the areas in charge.
17. To support the activities of the Center of Political Studies and the Legal Study Center of the Ministry about pertinent matters within its scope directly and through the areas in charge.
18. To solve requests and inquiries related to matters within its scope.
19. All the other assigned functions about pertinent matters within his scope.